What is Binocular Vision (BV)?
How does a Problem in BV affect me?
- This term denotes the ability to use our two eyes together as a coordinated team. This is necessary to provide us the 3 dimensional view that we enjoy on an everyday.
- A good synchrony between our eyes also provides us the additional benifit of widening our field of view/extent to which we can see objects in the periphery when looking at a particular point.
Who is prone to these problems?
- This complex visual skill(i.e, Binocular vision) usually functions seamlessly, but however even if one of the parts of this sophisticated system is affected it can distrupt the entire process as such.
- This can lead to difficulty in focussing objects clearly and also in making the necessary eye movements required to view your favourite book while reading
How and why is it a major problem?
- Many children and adults affected by the condition are unaware of the actual root cause of their problems.
- In the recent years there has been an upsurge in the number of people affected by Binocular vision anomalies and this can be attributed to the change in our lifestyle oflate where we are required to perform extensive near work, be it school or work or even at home.
- About 1 in 3 school children and adults suffer from some sort of binocular vision issues
- Hence a complete binocular vision examination to identify these hidden issues is mandatory (A regular eye testing will not pick this up!)
Role of Vision therapy?
- Let us look into the scientific process that takes place in order to see the beautiful mountains, clear blue sky and the magnanimous sees. The eyes serve as detectors from which the information is relayed onto the brain which puts together the whole picture(This is comparable to the lenses and the sensors of camera and the actual lcd screen that projects the final picture to us). Also the brain is responsible for helping us make the tiny adjustments in our eyes which is necessary in order to see the objects clearly.
- But when there is delay or lack of stimulation to the eyes from the brain, this entire process of adjustment is jeopardized and the person begins have difficulty in focussing objects or in performing the necessary eye movements to help him see the desired object.
- Fortunately the brain is flexible and these damaged connections to the eye can be set back straight again. This can be achieved through a set of various exercises that go by the name vision therapy. And at the end of adequate training the relay function is set back in motion again.
How does TRYe™ help Tackle these problems?
- TRYe™ vision therapy software is designed to address
- Eye teaming (vergence) dysfunctions
- Focusing (accommodative) disorders
- Eye movement coordination issues
- How does TRYe™ Help in treating such patients. The answer is simple it aims at restoring the eye brain coordination that we had spoken about with the help of various vision therapy techniques. It trains the patient to perform better eye tracking that is the ability to moves his eyes along with the target. This can either be done in a smooth manner which is clinically called as pursuits or it can also be done in a rapid manner which is termed as saccades. But in a reality one would require both in order to quickly identify and focus on a particular object. Secondly it helps bring about a sense of team work between the msucles that are to work in synchrony to successfully focus an object. The software helps build the strength of these muscles and also enable greater synchrony in their action.
- Lastly it helps the patient to put to use all of the trained actions all at once. Therefore TRYe™ tackles each and every problem one step at a time and helps the patient train his muscles such that he can overcome them. Also such vision therapy techniques would greatly help postponing the squint surgery that maybe required in children who are found to be squinting.
- ALTHOUGH IT DOES NOT SERVE AS A PERMANENT SOLUTION.